The program for the 50,000 square foot facility includes: administrative office suites, staff suites, therapy and observation rooms, a family outpatient clinic, an Oishei Children’s Hospital Medical suite, Erie County multi-disciplinary teams, District Attorney offices and company training rooms.
Opportunities for this project:
- Creating a warm, friendly, welcoming first impression to the CAC
- Changing /or modifying existing precast cladding with smaller scaled elements and natural, warmer materials
- Adding glazing and windows to the building exterior to allow natural light and to orient occupants when they are inside the building.
- Rationalizing building approach through site plan modifications
- Creating a welcoming, appropriately scaled, entry sequence into the building through a landscaped, ADA accessible entry courtyard.
- Allow access to landscaped outdoor areas for staff and clients to utilize.
- Creating a collaborative work environment for various agencies to function in.
- Leveraging unique spaces in the existing building to maximize the impact on building organization and functionality (i.e., atrium between east and west building; larger double-height space in historic west building.)