The Strong museum, Konar Properties, and Indus Hospitality Group have created The Strong Neighborhood of Play—a world-class destination that is an inclusive, connected, fun, walkable, green place to live, work, and play; that appeals to all ages; and that intersects with the energy and creativity of the Downtown Innovation Zone.
The project was centered around—and build upon the international brand of—The Strong, which already brings more than 600,000 visitors to downtown Rochester each year and annually generates more than 4.5 billion media impressions worldwide for the museum, its programs, and the City of Rochester.
Key elements of the project are:
- A new 100,000-square-foot museum wing housing a new, multi-faceted entertainment destination featuring the museum’s World Video Game Hall of Fame
- 201 units of market-rent housing
- 17,000 square feet of urban-mix retail
- A 125-room all-suites national brand hotel and restaurant
- An attractive and easily accessible 1,000-car parking garage
- A new two-way street linking Woodbury Boulevard and Manhattan Square Drive to Union Street